The Artichoke and Saffron cream flan is a very original vegetarian dish that brings to the table all the goodness of hand-selected fresh artichokes with the delicate saffron flavour. A vegetable pie that you can serve as a light aperitif, as a starter or as a side dish with fish or white meat. A unique and intense taste enclosed in a small vegetable pie for a quick and simple recipe that will amaze your guests! Beside delicious pies, the Artichokes and Saffron Cream is also excellent to be used for preparing first courses, so discover the recipe!
• 1 jar (180 g) of Artichoke and Saffron Cream
• 250 g Cow’s Milk Ricotta
• 2 eggs
• Mixed Salad as required
• Salt and Pepper as required
- Beat two eggs in a bowl (1) and stir vigorously (2). Then add the ricotta and continue stirring (3).
- Season everything with salt and pepper (4). Open the 180g jar of Artichokes and Saffron Cream and pour all the content (5) continuing to mix until you reach a homogeneous and soft cream (6).
3.Then prepare the aluminium moulds (capacity 125 ml), brush them with oil and pour the mixture of Artichoke and Saffron Cream into each mould using a ladle (7). Place the moulds in a baking pan with high sides, pour boiling water up to 2 cm from the base of the pies (8) and cook them at 160 °C for 15 minutes in a fan oven (9).
- Take the artichoke and saffron flans out of the oven and let them cool, then turn them upside down on a cutting board to remove the mould (10). To decorate, add some saffron pistils (11) and serve with truffle pecorino. Eat them warm or cold as preferred, as an aperitif or tasty side dish.