Authentic flavours and a touch of elegance on your tables: the squid with truffle and bottarga and pea sauce is an exquisite fish dish that combines the unique flavour of the white truffle pate with squid and with a very precious bottarga cream. Two products unique in the world in one dish: a small culinary luxury to be reserved for a special lunch or dinner. Are you curious about fish and truffle recipes? Try also the octopus and polenta with truffle.
• 1 jar of white truffle pate 30g
• 12 squids
• 300g peas
• 1 shallot
• 100ml white wine
• 200g bottarga
• Salt and Pepper as required
• 1 garlic glove
• olive oil
• 50 g bianchetto truffle
- To prepare the squid with truffle, start by preparing the pea cream. Cut the shallot and sauté it in a non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil over low heat (1). After a few minutes, add the peas and keep them over high heat (2), season with salt and pepper (3) and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring.
- Transfer the peas to a container and blend them with an immersion mixer (4), clean the squid (5) and cut them in half (6).
- Once the squids are opened (7), dab them with absorbent paper (8) and make cross-oblique incisions on the inside cutting half the thickness (9).
- Open the white truffle pate (10), brush it on the squid, and season with salt (11). Put a pan on the heat and pour a little oil (12).
- Lay down the squid with the cut inner side facing up, after a few seconds of cooking they will roll up. Turn them to cook on all sides evenly and remove them from the pan after 3 minutes (13). In the same pan, add a drizzle of oil and a clove of garlic and let it fry for a minute (14). Then grate the bottarga (15).
- Pour the wine, let it evaporate and cook for 2 minutes on a low heat (16). Once ready, transfer it to a container and blend until it reaches a homogeneous liquid cream (17). Begin with the plate preparation by cutting the rolled squid (18).
- Pour the peas cream on the plate (19) together with the bottarga sauce (20) and decorate brushing the dish (21).
- Once the decorations are completed (22) add the cut squid (23) and slice the bianchetto truffle to garnish the dish (24).