Authentic flavours and a touch of elegance on your tables: the squid with truffle and bottarga and pea sauce is an exquisite fish dish that combines the unique flavour of the white truffle pate with squid and with a very precious bottarga cream. Two products unique in the world in one dish: a small culinary luxury to be reserved for a special lunch or dinner. Are you curious about fish and truffle recipes? Try also the octopus and polenta with truffle.
• 1 jar of white truffle pate 30g
• 12 squids
• 300g peas
• 1 shallot
• 100ml white wine
• 200g bottarga
• Salt and Pepper as required
• 1 garlic glove
• olive oil
• 50 g bianchetto truffle
- To prepare the squid with truffle, start by preparing the pea cream. Cut the shallot and sauté it in a non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil over low heat (1). After a few minutes, add the peas and keep them over high heat (2), season with salt and pepper (3) and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring.
- Transfer the peas to a container and blend them with an immersion mixer (4), clean the squid (5) and cut them in half (6).
- Once the squids are opened (7), dab them with absorbent paper (8) and make cross-oblique incisions on the inside cutting half the thickness (9).
- Open the white truffle pate (10), brush it on the squid, and season with salt (11). Put a pan on the heat and pour a little oil (12).
- Lay down the squid with the cut inner side facing up, after a few seconds of cooking they will roll up. Turn them to cook on all sides evenly and remove them from the pan after 3 minutes (13). In the same pan, add a drizzle of oil and a clove of garlic and let it fry for a minute (14). Then grate the bottarga (15).
- Pour the wine, let it evaporate and cook for 2 minutes on a low heat (16). Once ready, transfer it to a container and blend until it reaches a homogeneous liquid cream (17). Begin with the plate preparation by cutting the rolled squid (18).
- Pour the peas cream on the plate (19) together with the bottarga sauce (20) and decorate brushing the dish (21).
- Once the decorations are completed (22) add the cut squid (23) and slice the bianchetto truffle to garnish the dish (24).
Classe ‘88, chef toscano. Ha lavorato nei più noti ristoranti stellati toscani , tra cui l’“Ora d’aria” a Firenze e l’“Osteria del vicario” a Certaldo e l’“Io osteria personale”; la sua curiosità lo spinge a viaggiare e lavorare in varie cucine della Svizzera, dell’Australia e dell’Inghilterra. Il suo spirito curioso ed innovativo porta in cucina piatti ricercati e creativi, un viaggio alla scoperta dei sapori genuini e fantasiosi.